These blocks mean I'm all caught up with the Farmer's Wife quilt along, which is now in its third week (and the Flickr group is up to an amazing 362 members!). From here on in I promise I'll limit myself to a post a week, regardless of whether I've completed one block or half a dozen (because, you know, that's likely).
Block 4 - Bat Wing
- The grey is Bicycles by Michael Miller, the white an organic from my stash.
- I'm not mad keen on this block. I'm not sure if it's my fabric choices, but it just isn't that striking. Never mind, there are 110 others to look at.
- Even for a block with reasonably largge pieces, like this one, large scale prints jut don't work as well as small scales. Luckily I normally buy small scales!
Block 5 - Big Dipper
- The blue is River View in River Blue from Liesl Gibson's Oliver + S City Weekend for Moda range (now there's a fabric with a mouthful of a name). The yellow is a sunshine quilt leftover (as always, just leave a comment if you want me to check the name in my bag of selveges)
- I really like this block! The yellow is a bit paler and more lemony in real life, and it's a real summer block.
- I keep making triangle blocks and not thinking to make some of them from half square triangles. Did it again with this block. I will endeavour to remember next time.
Must go, the toddler has entered the workroom and I need to pin him down to take his measurements for his wedding outfit.