We've been on our summer holiday. Mainly to my parents', but via the Isle of Wight to watch some sailing.
This chap is already a seasoned ferry traveller.
Because we like watching boats.
Especially boats with Daddy in.
We also like taking pictures of taking pictures. Sometimes I suspect my sister doesn't value her camera that much.
Visual yum (more on this later).
More visual yum. And more on this later too (This quilt is Deconstructing Clarice, by Kathryn Chambers)
Teddy was rather more struck by the magnifying glass than the butterflies at the zoo.
Not exactly the most glamorous holiday in the world, since the post wedding budget stretched to one tank of fuel. The world was our oyster, as long as that oyster was within a radius of 130 miles. So, we visited my mother and step-father in South Wales (via the Isle of Wight. Don't ask).
I've got about a billion posts in the works, but a few notes to catch up on for now. Most of them are unrelated to one another. Sorry about that.
- There are an awful lot of interesting places local to my parents. If you're ever looking for a bidget holiday, I suggest googling for local attractions. We could have visited a working museum, an old mine, an old ironworks (hey, my parents live in South Wales. Most activities revolve around coal), a maze (adjoining the above butterfly zoo), countless ruined and less-ruined castles and goodness knows what else.
- The Festival of Quilts at the NEC was brilliant. And made me feel very humble and seriously lacking in talent.
- Apple fudge cake is also brilliant.
- More importantly, when I posted about the Festival of Quilts last week I quoted the source of the photo of an amazing quilt, but, stupidly, not the makers. It was made by Rosalind Gregory and Joan Herrington and is called 'Where have all my shirts gone?' Rosalind had a similarly impressive quilt (made from salvaged dresses rather than shirts this time. That woman knows how to maximise fabric!) at this year's exhibition called 'Becky's Dresses' - I didn't take a photograph, but there is an image of it here.
- We have our wedding photos back! They are amazing amazing amazing. And I can finally blog the remaining handmade details of the day.
- Thank you so much to everyone who commented on my post on comment replies last week. I've ringfenced a few minutes tomorrow to have a proper read through all the blog comments from last week, and I'll decide how best to deal with comment replies in future.
- I've caught the hand piecing bug again. I love it so.
- But before I am allowed to indulge it too much, I need to carry on with hand quilting.
- I am less enamoured of hand quilting.
- I am very busy. My To Do list is a little alarming.
- What crops can I plant now? The allotment is basically ready to use, but I have no idea what to sow!