I can't believe that for about the eighth month in a row I'm contemplating writing 'finish the sunshine quilt' on my To Do list. I swear that quilting goblins are visiting to unpick my stitches on a nightly basis. My sole aim in life is to complete the damn thing before winter sets in. Bets on whether I get it done?
Anyway, on the off chance I beat the quilting goblins, here are the rest of the things I'd like to achieve this month:
- Finish that jumper for Teddy
- Make a winter coat for Teddy. We were donated two amazing cashmere overcoats by Adam's mother recently (she had them made abroad, but the cut wasn't what she and her husband wanted, and they've been languishing unworn for a long time). I'm hoping to salvage enough fabric for a winter coat for Teddy, and possibly something for Jasper too. They're black, which wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm not going to turn my nose up at free cashmere! Anyone know any tricks for safely bleaching wool coating fabric, with the aim of re-dyeing it charcoal or navy?
- Knit socks for Teddy
- Knit longies/leggings for Jasper
- Plan the Christmas season hand making that needs doing
- Make a winter dress for me
Ah, the joy of optimism in the face of having completed precisely one of last month's items. Ho hum.