You know, I'm really not sure what it was about this block for Sarah that got me in such a tizzy. I've sewn curves before (lots), I've cut up blocks and inserted strips before (not a lot, but, you know, it is just sewing a straight line) and I've sewn with Oakshotts before (which have a reputation for fraying, but actually I didn't have much of a problem, at least not until I'd unpicked about four times).
But I've basically been putting off this block since mid-December, when I finally cleared my bee backlog and had time to work on it (it was actually due in November, putting me well up there in the Bad Bee Member category). But I just couldn't get my head round putting this one together. I finally pulled on my big girl pants a couple of days ago and just started work
And, once I started, things didn't improve. Hmmm. I had serious point matching issues in my circle, despite unpicking a couple of times. And then when I tried to cover up my point mis-matches with on of the bisecting strips, I missed!
Sarah said we could make either one or two blocks, and, frankly, after the amount of heartache this caused for a fairly average block, I figured she'd rather just have the extra fabric back than wait until I got up the guts to try again in about 2015.
Oh well, maybe it will find a home in a corner of Sarah's quilt. Or the back...