I made a bag! I've only ever made on bag before, and that was a bit of a hit and miss affair and fell apart after a few months' use, so this is an exciting thing for me.
Since I joined a gym recently, I've been using a somewhat tatty cotton carrier bag (I think it may actually be the goodie bag from last year's Fat Quarterly Retreat) as my gym bag, and given that my other job is to look vaguely together and stylish, I figured I'd better resolve it sharpish. Plus Susan made me feel bad, since her old beach bag was actually better looking than my gym bag.
The pattern I used for the new incarnation is the Urban Tote by Hilary M Designs, which fulfilled my fairly meagre requirements of being (a) capacious and (b) not remotely complex (which, in my world, rules out anything with piping, internal dividers and fancy pockets. Until the next bag, anyway). The pattern was straightforward and pretty simple - it took me less than a day to make, and lots of that was the patchwork sections.
Most of the patchwork and the lining is vintage and salvaged sheets and shirting, which I've been having a bit of a love affair with recently. As I mentioned the other day, I'm going to put together some fat quarter bundles for the shop, I'll update here when I get round to it.
Next up on the To Make list is a little matching washbag, since my washbag is possibly even less glamorous than the old cotton shopping bag. Forgive me, Handmaking Gods, for I have sinned. It's a plastic carrier bag.