My proudest finish of July is, without a doubt, my first ever cathedral windows project. I learned the technique at Retreat (taught by the ridiculously talented Brioni), and my brain is buzzing with new ways to use it to make a full sized projects. I've got a full post about it already written, so I won't go on about it too much here.
The only other finished projects were Retreat related ones - pin cushions for the swap (I was rather pleased with my genius plan to keep their bottoms flat by inserting a bit of template plastic and weighing them down with crushed walnut shells) and a name tag for the swap.
I finally picked up the portholes quilt blocks I made last year in Lu's class and turned them into an actual top, which it was really nice to have to Retreat as well, to prove I've actually done some sewing between then and now. The crazy little postage stamp blocks have also been turned into two baby quilt tops (photos coming as soon as the weather obliges), for the twin babies of an awesome family we know, and the hexagon quilt continues, well, slowly.
This month is, hopefully, going to see those quilt tops turn into actual quilts (I have just been through my WIP pile and it seriously needs reducing), as well as a couple of other little projects.
Linking up with Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day, which I promise myself I am going to do every month, and manage about three times a year.