As I have with the past few blocks, I hand pieced this one. Hand piecing works so well for these fiddly little blocks with lots of pieces, and actually isn't much slower than machine piecing for so many small parts. If I was to machine piece it, I'd probably foundation paper piece it - I can't think of another method that would give the required precision on such a small block. Cutting the pieces is a bit of a pain, but really this isn't a complicated block once that's done. As long as you can avoid over handling the pieces and stretching the (many) bias edges, construction is a piece of cake.
As with a few of my blocks, I'm not sure I've made the best job of the relative contrast/volume levels within the block, but I'm sure it will all come together in the end - I find when I obsess too much over every block, the finished result is actually less interesting as there isn't enough variation. I actually find the same when I choose colours too carefully - there needs to be a few errant not-quite-right shades in there to keep the overall effect interesting.
As (repeatedly) promised, I did actually attempt to line up all my blocks so far to show you my layout, but unfortunately at some point over the last six months half my blocks have disappeared into thin air (my house is tiny, I'm not completely sure how I have managed to misplace them, but anyway), so once again you have to wait (I realise I have become a jam tomorrow blogger on the matter of showing you my blocks all together. I promise to do better next time. Jam tomorrow!).
Looking forward to catching up with you all for my last block in a few weeks time! I'll be sad to see the end of this one - it's been an epic qal to play along with, almost a year in total.