Producing two quilts concurrently is, it turns out, exactly as slow as producing two quilts consecutively. So much for efficiency.
But anyway, quilted, bound and headed for the wash for a bit of crinkling up, these quilts for two lovely little twins are done and almost ready to post off to the recipients - twin sons of some lovely friends of ours.
The quilt tops are made with some postage stamp blocks that I started something like six months ago, and have been looking for a purpose for ever since, and Kona solids that I spent a long time agonising over (I went for chartreuse and azure, in case you were wondering). The backs and bindings are strips, scraps and yardage that I had kicking around my stash (apart from a Sevenberry pears print that I spotted at the Village Haberdashery and had to inlcude). The quilting is nothing fancy, just straight lines 1.5" apart, and the quilts finished up at something like 36" x 50", although I guess they might lose and inch or so in the wash. Pretty big for baby quilts, but I hate putting the effort of quilt making into something that's going to stop being useful in a couple of months. Jasper has only just grown out of his baby quilt aged two and a half (next project: his new quilt), and it's been lovely to use it every day since he was a baby.
I'm really pleased with the way these quilts came out - the couple they're headed to are huge fans of colour, and their beautiful house is one of my favourite places to visit. Hopefully these quilts will fit in and be useful for two little twins for a long time to come.